The Department of Climate Change, Energy, the Environment and Water (‘the department’) is seeking views on proposed goals, objectives and actions for the National Electric Vehicle Strategy.
This feedback will help shape a truly national Strategy to ensure Australians can access the best transport technologies and help meet our emission reduction targets. The Strategy will aim to provide social, economic, business, health and environmental benefits. This will make sure we capture opportunities and have an orderly transition to transport electrification.
The National Electric Vehicle Strategy will:
- Build on the strong platform that governments and industry have already started
- Deliver a nationally consistent, comprehensive and overarching framework
- Enhance existing actions to ensure greater alignment to the Strategy
- Raise the pace and scale of change
- Address national gaps so all Australians can access the benefits of EVs
- Be dynamic and adapt over time to reflect the rapidly evolving nature of the sector
- Make sure we are on track to meet our emissions and transport electrification goals and proposed objectives.